A new and improved Deer Steward Level 1 course is here! The 3rd edition of Deer Steward 1 offers a new look, new platform, more topics with the latest deer research, and a lineup of new speakers.
Through a unique partnership with Today’s Hunter, participants who have a high-speed Internet connection (Google Chrome or Apple Safari browser recommended) will start the Deer Steward class online, making Level 1 both convenient and affordable. Once registered, attendees gain access to a digital recording of one of our previous Deer Steward Level 1 courses (filmed in front of a live audience) and will have up to 180 days to complete the series of six sessions (broken down into approximately 16 hours over 20 topics) at their own pace.
Instructors and Continuing Education
- Kip Adams, Wildlife Biologist, NDA’s Chief Conservation Officer
- Matt Ross, Wildlife Biologist and Forester, NDA’s Director of Conservation
- Ben Westfall, NDA’s Conservation Coordinator
- Dr. Gino D’Angelo, Professor, University of Georgia
- Dr. Will Gulsby, Professor, Auburn University
- Dr. Craig Harper, Professor and Extension Wildlife Specialist, University of Tennessee
- Dr. Marcus Lashley, Professor, University of Florida
- Dr. Bronson Strickland, Professor and Extension Wildlife Specialist, Mississippi State University
Just like the in-person Deer Steward course, registrants must pass an exam to graduate and continuing education credits from either the Society of American Foresters and/or The Wildlife Society are available; in addition, we’re proud to also announce that Level 1 is now compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Graduates of online Deer Steward will be eligible to take one of the in-person Level 2 courses upon completion.
Click the above link to register for the online Deer Steward 1 program. Once registered you will gain access to the course through your Today's Hunter dashboard.
$250 Basic NDA Members, Non-NDA Members (includes an NDA membership for non-members)
$225 Premium NDA Members (please use the discount code provided in your membership package at checkout)
If you have any questions regarding the online Deer Steward course please contact: